Eligible projects can receive REAP grants that cover a percentage of the total project costs, depending on the type of project. The grant amount can vary from $1,500 to $500,000 for EEI projects, and from $2,500 to $1,000,000 for RES projects.
Lending institutions offer REAP guaranteed loans that can cover up to 75% of the eligible costs of a project. These loans have an 80% guarantee from REAP.
- Rural Small Businesses and Agricultural Producers
- Renewable energy systems (RES) and energy efficiency improvements (EEI) projects
Things to Keep in Mind:
Wait until you receive a complete application letter or grant award before you start spending on your project. You can apply at any time of the year, but only complete applications with environmental reviews will be considered for funding.
When to Apply for Grants:
There are different deadlines for submitting grant applications throughout the year.
- December 31, 2023
- March 31, 2024
- June 30, 2024
- September 30, 2024
How to Apply for REAP Funding:
- Get a UEI number by registering with the System for Award Management (SAM).
- Talk to a Rural Development State Energy Coordinator at your local state office.
- Design your project and estimate costs, making sure it meets the REAP program requirements and standards.
- For more information and resources, go to the USDA REAP website.
Official Government Resources: